- Radley Balko points to Curtis Melvin's efforts to harness the power of the internets to peel back the veil from North Korea: distributed intelligence.
- Bryan Caplan explains the problem with the Human Development Index:
Scandinavia comes out on top according to the HDI because the HDI is basically a measure of how Scandinavian your country is.
- Via Reason, Lomborg on the Climate Industrial Complex. Of course, Cowen would argue this is the only way the sausage can be made.
- Bruce Schneier talks sense on the recent terrorism arrests in the US.
- Lee Gomez on privacy regulation: expensive and ineffective.
- How meerkats know when to ease their young off welfare. But wouldn't any individual pup have an evolutionary advantage if its voice stayed higher for longer?