- Underwear perverts, everywhere
- Perhaps Patri could partner with the DoD under the DUS&T programme. The DoD is looking for Seastead military bases....
- Brad Taylor on the ridiculous responses to Peter Thiel's libertarian musings.
Today's interesting journal articles:
- Jeff Miron shows us that the increase in the US minimum drinking age didn't save lives and had only a minor effect on teen drinking
- Andrea Kutinova (now Menclova) shows us the effects of the Vietnam draft on paternity timing: turns out, the threat of being sent to war and the option to stay home if you've family responsibilities provides an incentive to speed up family formation.
- Increases in cigarette taxes correlate with increased obesity among those quitting smoking, but doesn't affect overall obesity rates.
- The expected duration of the next prison sentence helps to deter repeat offenders. Conclusion: prisoners released early, via parole or otherwise, ought to have the waived portion of their sentence added to the sentence for any subsequent offending.
Lots of goodness in the latest Economic Inquiry (many of the articles linked to above). Their new editorial policy is working.