Monday 1 March 2010

The Yanks were the favourites?

Apparently Obama now owes Harper a case of Yuengling; had Canada lost the gold medal hockey game to the US, Harper would have owed Obama a case of Molson Canadian.

If it's the Yuengling Black & Tan, then the Americans must have been the favourites; it's a better beer than the Molson Canadian. At even odds, Obama could have staked some Iron City: about on par with Molson Canadian. If the Canadians were the favourites, Obama could have put up some Natural Light.

3 comments:

  1. Given Ryan Miller's performance throughout the tournament and Canada's lingering sense of a goal-scoring drought (up until the game with Russia, at least), I'd not be surprised if the Americans were the favourites going in. Particularly if Brodeur was expected to start in goal.

    (Not that you asked, but Canadian is a beer I'll only drink when it's free. Something about the aftertaste just doesn't work for me at all.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll agree with you: Molson's is ok if I'm thirsty and it's free. Same with Iron City. You'd have to pay me to drink Natural Light. Yuengling I'll pay money for.

    I can imagine Obama asking the Americans to throw the game after finding out what his prize would be....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can imagine Obama asking the Americans to throw the game after finding out what his prize would be....

    "Hockeygate" conspiracy rumours on Memeorandum in 3... 2... 1....

    ReplyDelete